Thursday, August 21, 2014

Those Crazy Emails!

Good day to you.

I was just going through some of my emails. 
Being in this online business arena, I get a lot of emails.
Other marketers are always pitching their products, services,
or the next GREAT opportunity. 
It just kind of comes with this arena. When you sign up to
Safelists, Mailing services, List Builder sites, you exchange
your email for the use of the site. 

What really irks me about some emails is there is no way of
knowing what the product, service, or opportunity is! The
marketer does not give you a heads up in the email body 
they send! So many people do this...why?!! Usually it is a
trade-off for credits for the right to send an email from that
same service provider.


I know a lot of these marketers have me on their list now.
Yes, I click on those links to get credits so I can send my
own email. When I send an email using these services, 
I try to let the person know what it is I am promoting. 
What is the big "secrecy" thing on the internet? Why not
let an intelligent person decide for themselves whether 
they really want what you offer? You can do this easily
enough by giving pertinent information about what you
perceive they may need.

I suppose that you are finding out if these people may
actually need what you are pushing to them? Seems
like I remember being told to "target" your potential
contacts? Perhaps I am writing this more for myself
right now, but in any case, it is a relevant point.

Do any of the mailing services and safelist platforms
allow us to do this? Target our audience? Hmmm...
Now that is some food for thought. Who are the people
my message reaches when I use these services? Are
they just other marketers like myself? What if they do 
not need what I am offering? Then I am wasting my time
and credits I would guess. 

I may be off base with these thoughts as I am not using
these sites all that much. I have used some of them. I
am more curious than serious about this aspect of marketing
right now. Why should I pay for a service only to not be able
to see if my offers are even being looked at? Or are the 
majority of us just clicking thru to get those credits? Kind of
makes you wonder, doesn't it?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment